Established 1994




October 2018 Newsletter

From the President's Desk Trips
Photos The Dining Car
Upcoming Train Shows & Events Tech Tips
Wanted / For Sale Video of the Month

Financial Report (password required)

Membership Roster (password required)

PGRS Minutes 


September 22, 2018 PGRS Meeting


Clark Kemmerer & Alice Angelo were our hosts

Keith Baggus started the meeting @ 1:30.

 First item was the Castle Shannon Train Show on October 28th. From 9AM to 3 PM. Set up will be Saturday Oct. 27 @12 Noon. No trailer will be needed. We will be setting up the same display we used in Wilkinsburg. Tina Weimer had the list of members and what they brought to Wilkinsburg as a reminder. A signup sheet for this show was passed around for members to volunteer. A G-gauge John Deer Farm Train will be raffled during the show by our club.

Keith informed us a lady was downsizing a train collection….see PGRS web page for pictures and details if interested.

The Christmas Party was discussed. The price will be $25 per person and the date is Saturday December 1st. All the details will be sent out very soon. Alice Angelo volunteered to make the favors this year.  Bert & Barb Mangold will make the Christmas Salad for the event.  If you plan to BYO spirits, a fee of $40 is required for a license. Those members who want to have their own spirits are dividing up this cost among themselves. See them at the party.

A card was signed for Al Hartman.

 Bill Malick is residing in an assisted living community. We talked about building a small train layout for Bill to maintain. Nothing final was decided.

Jackie Magri and Ann Celento were contacted by Keith and seem to be doing well.

Keep in mind OLD members who no longer drive and offer them a ride to events and meetings……A nice gesture…..

Mark Demyan, Tina & John Weimer and Dan Cinowalt were able to help Nancy Hartwig to get her train layout up and running.

Keith received a call from a former member requesting us to help with a train layout in Thomas Land @ Kennywood. We aren’t in the loop as yet. More information is needed.

Ken Maglietta will be pulling our trailer in the future. PGRS has been very thankful for all the work Don & Deb Goodwin and crew have done over the years to pull our old trailer and our new one. We still hope to see them often.


November’s meeting is tentatively scheduled for Brownsville. A motion was made by Clark Kemmerer and seconded by Ken Maglietta that the clubs look into manning the Brownsville layout in coordination with the Nemacolin Castle one weekend day a month. This has to be acceptable to the Museum members and any other attraction that might be included. Motion was carried. Hopefully the dates can be added to the PGRS’s calendar  at the first meeting of the New Year.

Clark Kemmerer is our interim VP until the election of officers at the Christmas Party. He will run for the position for the coming year at that time.

Clark Kemmerer made a motion to close the meeting and Barb Mangold seconded it.  All voted YES and off we went to eat all the great food!!!!


Minutes by Alycefaye Stewart